What is the GEM program?
The Broward Children’s Center’s GEM Program is an intimate group of supporters committed to BCC’s mission to provide infants, children, and young adults with special needs a higher quality of life, by Giving Each Month – GEM.
Becoming a GEM allows you to make a meaningful impact in the lives of more than 1,200 children with special needs each year, and enjoy exclusive benefits only offered to GEM members.
What are the requirements to become a GEM?
Your annual membership as a GEM requires a minimum contribution of $300 per year (a commitment of $25 per month, for 12 months.)
The levels of support include:
The amount selected will be charged to a credit/debit card, and will appear on your monthly statement. You may withdraw from the program, or change the amount of your support at any time. Exclusive access and benefits are subject to change.
What are the benefits of being a GEM member?
GEM Benefits include:
- Exclusive access to Tier 1, 2, and 3 events
- Recognition on the BCC website and newsletter, as well as other periodic publications
- Access to a GEM Associate who can provide you with up-to- date information, funding needs, and organizational opportunities
- Your GEM membership is tax deductible!
How does a GEM membership make an impact?
Your donation allows us to:
- Support therapy programs that promote cognitive and motor development
- Purchase assistive technology to make everyday life a little easier for those we serve
- Create more community reintegration activities for our residents
- Purchase medical equipment such as ventilators that aren’t funded through Medicaid
- Grow our programs to meet the needs of the special needs population
How do I sign up?
For additional information, or to become a GEM Member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org,
or call 954.295.4910 to speak with the Development Department.