Broward Children’s Center’s Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care (PPEC) is a licensed childcare facility located in
Pompano Beach, Florida. Our highly experienced staff delivers advanced skilled nursing care up to 12 hours a day,
5 days a week, for medically fragile and/or technologically dependent individuals – ages 21 and younger.
PPEC offers a stimulating, social, and nurturing alternative to expensive institutionalization or home nursing
services. Broward Children’s Center’s PPEC program provides a package of CMS-approved outpatient health
- Skilled Nursing
- Respiratory Care
- Developmental and Educational Programs
- Occupational, Physical, and Speech Therapies
- Social Services
- Recreational Activities
- ADA-Compliant Transportation
- Care from an ARNP(Advanced Practice Registered Nurse)
- Access to medical care and a physician
Our trilingual (English, Spanish and Creole) medical staff of ARNPs, RNs, and LPNs, deliver direct care services,
while a team of developmental experts, led by an ESE-Qualified Specialist, provide educational and recreational
PPEC services are covered by Medicaid or a private insurer, once recommended by an attending Physician. PPEC staff will provide step-by-step instructions to start the enrollment process. .
- Medically fragile children require more than medical attention. Our program provides the socialization,
recreation, and educational experiences vital to the health and happiness of every child.
- Through continuous monitoring and skilled assessments, we are able to develop client weaknesses, and
build on strengths, intermittent of nursing and primary physician visits.
- Our PPEC facility and staff also provides clinical data vital to the most effective treatments of medically
fragile children – including treatment adjustments.
- Our skilled nursing team can reduce traumatic, and unnecessary ER visits
For additional information, please contact 954.941.1228, to speak with a BCC PPEC Representative.